Who should NOT take this medication?
Do not use cannabidiol if you:
• are allergic to cannabinoids or any ingredients of the medication
• are a woman of child-bearing age and not using reliable contraception
• are pregnant or breast-feeding
• have a history of schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders
• have serious heart disease, such as ischemic heart disease, irregular heartbeat or rhythm, poorly controlled blood pressure, or severe heart failure
• intend to start a family while on treatment (applies to both men and women)
What side effects are possible with this medication?
The following side effects have been reported by people taking this medication. Many of these side effects can be managed, and some may go away on their own over time.
Contact your doctor if you experience these side effects and they are severe or bothersome.
• abdominal (stomach) pain
• appetite changes (increase or decrease)
• trouble sleeping
• unusual taste in the mouth
• panic attacks
• mood changes
Although most of the side effects listed below don’t happen very often, they could lead to serious problems if you do not seek medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:
• blood pressure changes
• blurred vision
• falls, or difficulty with balance
• intoxication (a feeling of being drunk; e.g., difficulty paying attention, dizziness, sleepiness, disorientation, changes in mood, a feeling of unreality, or a feeling of general happiness or a “high,” such as easy laughter or heightened awareness)
• rapid heartbeat
• signs of depression (e.g., poor concentration, changes in weight, changes in sleep
Stop taking the medication and seek immediate medical attention if any of the following occur:
• signs of a severe allergic reactions (e.g., hives; difficulty breathing; or swelling of the tongue, face, mouth, or throat)
• thoughts of self-harm or suicide
Some people may experience side effects other than those listed. Check with your doctor if you notice any symptom that worries you while you are taking this medication.